Other pages featuring 47 class locomotives: 421 Class
The 47 class was built by A. Goninan & Co. at Broadmeadow, NSW.
The first unit was in service on September 22nd, 1972. There were 20 units in the class, numbered 4701-4720.
They have a V16 turbo-supercharged 4 stroke Caterpillar D339 engine.
They weigh 85.3 tonnes and have 1000 HP available for traction.